[Vision2020] More Banning?

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Fri Jun 19 22:05:02 PDT 2009

Saundra,

WOW! You put it much better, and my wife says calmer than I did.

I agree that there are MANY issues which should be occupying the time of
the city council and city attorney other than a ban on smoking. We could
look on legislation that requires city employees that are responsible for
day to day city operations to live in the city! Currently we have a
situation where certain city employees are influential in the passage of
legislation that effects the citizenry of the city, but have nothing to
lose, because they don't live here! Imagine being influential in the
spending of tax dollars when you don't have to live with the results!  The
additional money needed to do project X will never have to come out of
your pockets. And the snow removal issue is another.  I grew up in
Pennsylvania and spent some time in Alaska, both of which get far more
snow than Moscow, and there are some simple, low cost solutions that could
solve a lot of the problems, but I digress *S*

Thanks for your comments on the current issues!