[Vision2020] Something I can agree with Obama on

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jun 17 10:58:02 PDT 2009

Wow, Roger!

You may just be on to something.

Fathers play a vital role in the paternal bonding, maturity, and
discipline of our youth.

If there were only some way to reflect our appeciation.  Maybe set aside
some special time during the year to pay tribute to our paternal links.  A
couple hours?  A day?

That's it!  A day to pay tribute to fathers . . . a special day every year.

When should this special day be?

How about a day shortly after schools have let out for the summer?  That
way fathers can spend this special day with their children.  May June?

What shold we call it, Roger?

How about "Paternal Pride day" or "Dad's Day" or "Fathers' Day"?

That's it!!  Fathers' day!  We will celebrate it every June.

Tell you what, Roger.  I'll call my dad this coming Sunday and see what he
thinks.

> Obama said at at Chicago's Apostolic Church on God on Fathers day 2008 "
> Children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live
> in poverty and commit crimes, nine times more likely to dropout of
> school,and 20 times more likely to end up in prison"
>
> Roger

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown