[Vision2020] Obama to Name Sotomayor as Supreme Court Pick

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 4 12:31:58 PDT 2009

<sigh>

Roger wrote:
"I did NOT say that you posted all of the false  statements I listed. I said that I thought you probably posted some of them."

I posted NONE of the rumors in your list . . . NONE of them.  You owe me an apology, and you need to quit implying that I did what you seem to be hell-bent and determined to blame on me.  Again, some of us care about our credibility, and it is extremely offensive for you to CONTINUE to imply that I posted things I didn't!  You've been corrected, so STOP IT!!

Roger also wrote:
"If you did and then corrected it later, thats great"

For the LAST TIME, I posted NONE of the rumors.  My reference to having no qualms about admitting when I'd made errors in my postings referred to COMPLETELY DIFFERENT circumstances.  Once, I posted about being extremely offended when sexual remarks were quasi-directed to someone's grandchildren, and in my post, I said something about having spent time with the wonderful children.  I subsequently realized that I was actually thinking about other grandchildren, so I corrected that (see 5/12/07), although that didn’t change the fact that I found the comments extremely offensive.

Another time, I mistakenly assumed the all probation supervision was conducted by Probation & Parole.  As it turned out, that was wrong:  we didn't really have supervision for misdemeanor probation other than the judge.  Once that was brought to my attention, I immediately corrected my post (see 5/22/2007).

Those are the kinds of things I was referring to, NOT anything AT ALL to do with my Palin posts.

In quickly looking back through what I've posted to V2020, I see that I've had occasion to post corrections to my posts a few times over the years (NONE about Palin!).  My apologies were sincere & heartfelt, and I not once did I make any excuses for my errors, something that seems to be flatly unable for you to do.

I repeat:  look -- if you want to post things on V2020, then you need to be willing to accept the discussion that follows WITHOUT resorting to making scurrilous accusations against those who disagree with you or respond with more accurate &/or complete information.

Frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself, Roger.  It's one thing to (repeatedly) pass along the kind of knee-jerk stuff you do without taking 30 seconds to check for accuracy, but it's a completely different thing to make blatantly false accusations about those who respond to your nonsense.  Some of us who participate in these discussions actually CARE about our reputations for accuracy.  You don't care about yours, and that's your choice, but how DARE you make absolutely baseless accusations against those of us who do.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2009 through life plus 70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum without the express written permission of the author.*****