[Vision2020] Main Street, Moscow (1945)]

Don Coombs mushroom at moscow.com
Thu Jun 4 08:40:39 PDT 2009

Ralph Nielsen wrote:
> That is because practically no new cars were made during World War II.

Wars used to go by more quickly in the old days, even
world-wide wars. So there were really only three years
without civilian cars in this country-- 1943 to 1945.
My first car was a 1942 Pontiac, which had many design
flaws. No, I did not buy it new.

The key to the picture in question is that there were
no car models even close to the late 1930s in the
picture. So I think the picture had to have been taken
far earlier than 1945, as others on this list have
suggested.

Don Coombs