[Vision2020] Tax Churches for Health Care

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jul 29 13:54:58 PDT 2009

Courtesy of today's (July 29, 2009) Spokesman Review with thanks Nancy
Williams of Spokane.

Tax churches for health care

I believe that I have devised the perfect way for the United States to
have a health care system that will meet the needs of every citizen and
cost taxpayers nothing, unless they choose to contribute. How, you ask,
can this be? Here’s my idea.

Since churches are by their own definition charitable organizations and by
law nonprofit, they can amass vast assets, tax free!

I propose then that they all be taxed at half the normal rate, on all
income and assets, including real estate holdings.

The tax money collected would be used exclusively to fund a national
health system for all Americans.

Talk about putting tax-free money to work for the good of all. Who could
disagree with that and still call themselves religious?

Nancy Williams
Spokane

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."