[Vision2020] Say What?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 18:38:57 PDT 2009

I agree with you 100%.  Insurance should be a parachute for when an
accident or a sudden illness occurs, not for every little health-related
expense.  Like auto insurance.  It pays if there is an accident, you pay
if you want some snow tires or a new paint job or an oil change.  Then
the costs for everyday health-related expenses see the benefit of the
free market, and you pay out the nose if you're life is threatened.
Unfortunately, they can't "total" your body and provide you a new one yet.

Obviously, this may not work if you have a chronic disease - that might
require a special kind of insurance or something.

I also like the employer subsidizing idea.  It's in their best interest
for their employees to be healthier.

Paul