[Vision2020] I finally made it to Cooperstown!

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Mon Jul 27 16:41:41 PDT 2009

Now THAT is seriously cool!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Scott Dredge
  To: viz
  Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 4:33 PM
  Subject: [Vision2020] I finally made it to Cooperstown!

  Hi all,

  Idaho State Representative Erik Simpson (R-Idaho Falls) very generously - and surprisingly for once without any quid pro quo - gave me one ticket to sit in the very front row at the 2009 Major League Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony yesterday in Cooperstown, NY, where his late grandfather - Yankees 2nd baseman Joe Gordon - was being inducted into the Hall along with Boston Red Sox Great Jim Rice and Oakland Athletic / Yankee / Blue Jay / Padre / Angel / Met / Mariner / Red Sox / Dodger Great Rickey Henderson.  Back in my college days when Erik first told me that his grandfather was an MVP in the Big Leagues (1942 when he was elected MVP over Ted Williams who had a Triple Crown season), my off-the-cuff response was something to the effect of 'Maybe your grandfather played in the major leagues, but there was no way he was an MVP'.  In my defense, Erik had a nasty habit back then of routinely stretching the truth - if not flat out completely fabricating grandiose stories - and these were the days before all the world's knowledge was quickly available Googling and Wiki'ing at my fingertips.

  I'm heading off to Seattle tomorrow and I'll be at the Mariners / Jays game Wednesday afternoon - although with no connections this time - I'm sitting all the way back in row 32 behind the plate.  I hope the Jays trade their ace and probable starter Roy Halladay prior to that game, otherwise there are likely to be a lot of silent M's bats.

  -Scott

  Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Celebrate the moment with your favorite sports pics. Check it out.

   List services made available by First Step Internet,
            mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com