[Vision2020] Choices

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Sun Jul 26 10:49:26 PDT 2009

Senator Larry Craig ain't gay.          He's just red with embarrassment.
He was caught red-handed.             Guilty he pled.
He was also castin' votes                  on our country's fate.
He's a pervert           or an idiot        but Larry Craig ain't gay.

1982                                                 should have been a clue.
He was caught in a scandal              when a young page accused
his colleagues of engaging               in gay sex and cocaine.
He issued a denial                            to save his good name.

It made him mad as hell                   to be alleged to have felt
boys he employed.                           Now he's been dealt
a charge of lewd intent,                   busted by a policeman
in a bathroom seeking sex,               dumpin' trust in the trashcan.

I never knew                        a public restroom
would be the downfall         of a senator who blew
the chance to come clean,    be a man not a machine
and stand up for equal rights for every human being.

instead he took the path       of corruption and attacked
our freedoms guaranteed by blood.  We want them back.
While on the side                 his lewdness gets him fined.
Now when I use a public john, Larry's on my mind.

It's a sad, sad man                            who's repressed his inner man.
Becomin' your worst enemy            would wear on any man.
I hope the day will come                 when homo's won't have to run
as hetero's                                         and be happy, not numb.

Senator Larry Craig ain't gay.          He's just red with embarrassment.
He was caught red-handed.             Guilty he pled.
He was also castin' votes                  on our country's fate.
He's a pervert           or an idiot        but Larry Craig ain't gay.
He's a pervert           or an idiot.       Both just aggravate.
He's a pervert           or an idiot.       We should evaluate
Senator Larry Craig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZz_19BNkCI

Garrett Clevenger