[Vision2020] "Please do not continue to confuse people with facts."

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jul 24 11:32:00 PDT 2009

g stated:

"I believe that if homosexuals can find someone who is willing to
pronounce them man and man, wife and wife, or man, wife, wife, or any
permutation thereof then swell, I wish them the best. What I am not in
favor of is in my or the state being forced to recognize it.

With regard to the abortion issue though I've really got to admit that
you've got me caught on the horns of a delimma. How could I not see the
similarity between making a choice that has a 1 in 15 chance of
potentially damaging the  health of the person doing the choosing and
making a decision that has a 100% chance of killing an innocent party?

In both of your examples the decision extends to others who will not be
given a choice to participate. Bar patrons and employess do get to make an
informed choice."

Translation:

When it comes to ordinances banning smoking in our bars, there is far too
much government influence in our private lives.

But . . . DAMN IT!  When it comes to a woman's choice concerning her
reproductive system or a couple people of the same sex pursuing
matrimonial happiness, it's time we amend our state and federal
constitutions.

Right, g?

It's like a t-shirt I saw worn by a youg lady at a Palouse Pride gathering
a couple years ago . . . "The only Bush I trust is my own!"

And for those of you who choose to attend . . .

Seeya at Farmers' Market, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown