[Vision2020] Smoking Ban-Hit them where it hurts!

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Tue Jul 21 19:39:54 PDT 2009

Just a thought, and I hope that the owners of liquor licenses in
Moscow take this up with their attorneys.

When they bought their liquor licenses or beer and wine license, they
bought more than just a piece of paper, they bought the right to sell
and serve liquor or beer or wine under the conditions that were in place
at the time they bought them, before 20 July, 2009.

Now, when ever there is a "government taking", the owner of the
property that is taken by the government must be justly compensated.
When the city council "took" from the liquor license owners
the right to operate their establishment under the conditions that
were in place at the time the license was purchased, and that "taking"
cost the business owners through loss of sales,
the value of the license is diminished by the governments "taking".
And the government is responsible to compensate for that loss.

Now, hit them were it hurts, in the pocket book. I'm sure that there
is outside legal counsel or assistance  available from such
organizations as RJ Reynolds, and the  International Tobacco
Growers Association and IF I were a license owner who's business was
effected by the councils decisions, I'd sure ask for help. The
opposition had no problem bringing in a local blogger and ignored
actual signatures, and they had no problem bringing in out of town
interests to lobby and pass out florescent green badges.  Fight fire
with fire, and hit them where it hurts, in their pockets.
And remember, the city council had no problem reaching into YOUR
pockets last night and diminish the value of your liquor license.