[Vision2020] Big Brother Strikes

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Tue Jul 21 13:22:30 PDT 2009

Well Sandra, it appears to me that this particular council is more
than willing to kow-tow to OUTSIDE interests, be they trying to peddle
H2O to out of state developers, bend over for Mexican manufactures,
or the folks from Meridian that were so much in favor of banning
smoking here!  Notice that Meridian doesn't have a smoking ban? When
the city council ignores the folks that put them in office it's time
to look for another "public service for them to get engaged in,
because I can assure you that  I among many will NOT vote for any of
the "gang of 7" when elections are held.

Now, what's next? How about a local ordnance that  requires motor
cycle helmets? As you all know, because people choose not to wear
helmets, when they get into accidents, all of our insurance goes up,
and it's a PUBLIC HEALTH issue, not  a "choice" issue!

You don't really think that banning smoking in bars, private clubs and
20 feet from a door will cause a loss of business do you? *S*

Besides with all the non-smokes flocking to the bars won't that make
up for it? (I don't think so either!)

I had a gut feeling that this was a put up deal from the begining,
otherwise it's one hell of a coincidence that the night it was
originally brought up by our esteemed "Mexican Manufacturing Baron"
that BEFORE he even brought it up, our city attorney had passed out
the draft ordnance (THAT WAS DEFEATED) from Eagle Idaho? I wonder what
kind of "public health" issues he brings up to the city council  down
in Mexico where is empire is based?  The "fix" was in from the
begining, we just have to prove it and take the appropriate actions.