[Vision2020] An open letter to Moscow city council

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Thu Jul 16 09:19:55 PDT 2009

Wayne,

Inasmuch as my original confusion came from a thread, the authorship of
which I attributed to someone else, I'm going to cut and paste your message
to me above my response to you.  It may be more than you need, but bear!!!
with me anyway.

Wayne's question: You don't see a connection between exercising power and
earning the
> right to exercise power in service to your country?

My response:

1.  No, actually I don't.  Service to ones country is noble, certainly.  And
those of us who have not served are enternally grateful to our husbands,
brothers, and sisters who have.  But the right to exercise power in this
nation comes from election or appointment.  That's what clearly separates us
from the nations under military rule.

Wayne's comment to me:   And while it has nothing to do with the smoking
issue per say, it has
> everything to do with qualifications to exercise power.

My response:

2. You and the Rodericks made it an issue in the discussion on the smoking
ban.  My original comment was to question the legitimacy of that
perspective.

Sue Hovey