[Vision2020] Only on Fox News . . .

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:39:46 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Glenn Schwaller <vpschwaller at gmail.com>wrote:

> Seeing as how you won’t answer my question, I guess I’ll just have to
> answer it myself:  It’s quite obvious you were making the point that
> Michael Scheuer is pleading for Bin Laden to attack the US.  So you
> tell me - was that not a unique and completely off-base spin on the
> intent of the interview?

> Of course you won’t bother to say WHY you think that is the case or
> WHAT you think Mr Scheuer is hoping to accomplish by all of that –
> although you do speculate on the possibility of him blowing up Moscow
> ID.  Which is why I asked the question.

Actually, Mr. Scheuer is quite clear on what he hopes to accomplish. You
omitted the full context:

"The only chance we have as a country right now is for Osama Bin Laden to
deploy and detonate a major weapon in the United States --- because it's
gonna take a grassroots, bottom up pressure -- because these politicians
prize their offices, prize the praise of the media, and the Europeans. It's
an absurd situation again, only Osama can execute an attack which will force
Americans to demand that their government protect them effectively,
consistently and with as much violence as necessary."

He wants Osama to attack the United States to provoke yet more wars with
Middle Eastern countries. He wants Osama to attack the United States because
he has a moral commitment to torture, or perhaps the use of nuclear weapons.
He wants Osama to attack the United States so Americans will support attacks
on the countries which he wants to attack. In other words, he thinks that
it's worth the lives of millions of Americans to gain the political support
for killing millions of Arabs.

-- ACS