[Vision2020] Roe v Wade decision

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:37:14 PST 2009

> Gary writes:
>  it's absolutely true that I believe that Roe V. Wade was incorrectly decided,

Gary, you believe that you know constitutional law better than the 1973 Supreme Court which was comprised of 6 Republicans appointees out of the 9 justices that decided Roe?  I don't have any doubts that if Roe had not overturned abortion bans, then any number of the thousands of similar cases following it would have knocked out the bans.  If it was so incorrectly decided, it sure has held up solidly over the past 36 years.  Even when the court was stacked in 1992 with 8 Republican appointees and one lone Democratic justice Byron White - who himself was a dissenter on the Roe decision - and the court had the opportunity to overturn Roe by deciding Planned Parenthood v Casey, instead they folded and further solidified abortion rights.

Roe was decided correctly and it has withstood the test of time under many attacks.

-Scott