[Vision2020] Nutcases Rebuked: Obama's Hawaiian Birth Remembered

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:24:18 PST 2009

http://www.buffalonews.com/494/story/554495.html

When Barack Hussein Obama places his hand on the Bible today to take
the oath of office as 44th president of the United States, Barbara
Nelson of Kenmore will undoubtedly think back to the day he was born.
It was Aug. 4, 1961, at Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children
in Honolulu.

"I may be the only person left who specifically remembers his birth.
His parents are gone, his grandmother is gone, the obstetrician who
delivered him is gone," said Nelson, referring to Dr. Rodney T. West,
who died in February at the age of 98. Here's the story: Nelson was
having dinner at the Outrigger Canoe Club on Waikiki Beach with Dr.
West, the father of her college friend, Jo-Anne. Making conversation,
Nelson turned to Dr. West and said: "'So, tell me something
interesting that happened this week,'" she recalls.

His response: "Well, today, Stanley had a baby. Now that's something
to write home about."

The new mother was Stanley (later referred to by her middle name of
Ann) Dunham, and the baby was Barack Hussein Obama.

"I penned the name on a napkin, and I did write home about it," said
Nelson, knowing that her father, Stanley A. Czurles, director of the
Art Education Department at Buffalo State College, would be interested
in the "Stanley" connection.