[Vision2020] Report from the legislature

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 17:50:06 PST 2009

Shirley,

Thanks for the update.

My biggest concern here is the cuts made to the Department of Health and Welfare.

"Health and Welfare budget resulted in an additional loss of roughly $30 million (federal funding) to help Idaho’s most vulnerable citizens."

What is the total budget for H&W?
What are the proposed program cuts to H&W?
Is there anyway to prevent these cuts from occurring?

It sounds to me like they are removing assistance for children with disabilities to focus on building roads and filling in potholes. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Donovan