[Vision2020] President Obama's Inaugural Address -- The Omission of Native Americans

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 19:37:48 PST 2009

As inclusive as Obama's inaugural address was, I was disappointed that
that he didn't mention Native Americans.

 I was simultaneously pleased that the Rev. Joseph Lowery did, in his
inspiring and amusing benediction:

"We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked
to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be
mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will
embrace what is right."

Apparently, this paraphrases famous lyrics from Big Bill Broonzy, the
late blues singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zChn5JxdncU