[Vision2020] Gazan Doctor's children killed while he is speaking to Israeli TV

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 12:17:08 PST 2009

I feel bad for the Palestinians in this.  Not for Hamas, but for the
Palestinians that have lived there before Israel existed, and for the
Palestinians who fled the country during the Arab/Israeli War.  It would
be like one of the Native American tribes around here coming in, taking
much of our land outside the reservations, and having the support of
most of the rest of the world in doing so.  You could argue here that
they have a right to do so, since "we" kicked them off their land (and
relatively recently as well).  As I understand it, the ancient Israeli
kingdoms were disbanded or defeated about 2,000 years ago.  Yet I doubt
any of us who don't currently live on a reservation would like to come
under Native American rule because of what our ancestors did even a
hundred years ago.

I also doubt that we would be so pro-Israel as a country if they weren't
promised that territory in the Bible (and the Torah).  They are God's
chosen people, but they are stilled screwed from a Christian perspective
on Judgment Day - yet we seem to back them unilaterally most of the time.

Paul