[Vision2020] Family-Friendly Activities (was U of I Program Cuts)

Janesta janesta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 18:48:20 PST 2009

My granddaughter is enrolled in a program summer/after school program
through the school district called Adventure Club.
http://www.sd281.k12.id.us/adventure/  An adventure it truly is! Last summer
the kindergarten through 7th grade students did everything from going to
Zeppos bowling, fishing/picnic at Spring Valley, swimming at the city pool,
Elk River Falls picnic and hike, the hatchery at Dworshak, and i must not
forget Isabella's favorite place to visit... PCEI!!!!  etc., etc.
The following link is an example of August 2008 schedule.
http://www.sd281.k12.id.us/adventure/calendar/monthly.pdf

This fabulous program also offers tuition assistance, as well as winter &
spring break coverage.

Allow me to share a few things from my memories as a teenager 40 years ago-
Mountain View Road was a gravel road back then. Spring Valley was in the
boonies, with an unpaved curving road. Robinson Lake Park was really a lake,
and a very popular party spot with jr. high, and high school students, as
the sheriff seldom went out on the rarely traveled gravel road. Four corners
on Moscow Mountain and Pond Nine were also popular with some of the
students.Thank goodness, the once remote party spots no longer exist. The
university, school district and City of Moscow have done a remarkable job of
providing activities for youth of all ages. All one needs to do, is call one
of those organizations to find out what is offered.

Donovan, do you have children???

Janesta