[Vision2020] Buzzing the cliffs

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 14 19:16:39 PST 2009

This seems more awesome each time I watch it.

Wingsuit flying has got to have the shortest learning curve imaginable.
There can't be any room for error.

I mean . . .

How do you learn it?

How do you practice?

You don't accelerate to terminal speed (110 mph - 140 mph) jumping off a
roof.

Wait a minute . . .

>From Wikipedia at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wingsuit

"The United States Parachute Association (USPA) recommends in the
Skydivers Information Manual that any jumper flying a wingsuit for the
first time have at least 200 jumps and be accompanied by an instructor, or
500 jumps experience to go without an instructor. Wingsuit manufacturers
offer training courses and certify instructors."

Well, that sorta explains things . . . not that I am likely to put on my
bathrobe and jump off a cliff any time soon.

Thanks for (re)sharing this with us, Sunil.

> I think I sent this out as a Youtube link, but this version, courtesy
o> f my lame helitak friend Mike is much better.