[Vision2020] Snow problems, and City planning

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jan 11 06:38:27 PST 2009

I agree with you 1,000,000,000, . . . %, Bev.

But, one of the problems is . . .

During the summer when the streets and sidewalks are clear and dry, and
the birds are chirping, and thoughts turn toward vacations and Rendezvous
in the Park and the Rennaissance Fair and how to allocate next year's
budget . . .

NOBODY is thinking of dangerous snow-packed walkways, at least not until
Bev Bafus steps up the the microphone again next February and reminds our
city council (as she has done in years past).  And AGAIN our city council
will sing that all too familiar refrain in six-part harmony while dancing
their annual. . .

"Sidestep"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Sidestep.mp3

After all . . . Our city council's primary concern is "what is good for
Moscow".  Isn't that how the song and dance went with the Hawkins
Companies?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

PS - Extra credit: From which movie did the above song ("Sidestep") come?

> This is a valid point.  This is why I believe that the City is
responsible
> for this southern, new section of sidewalks.  They agreed to the poor
> design, with the sidewalks next to the highway.
>
> We need to make it a priority to encompass snow removal and the
associated
> problems into our City planning process.  Our street for one, (Pintail
Lane)
> is very poorly planned.  There is NO WHERE to put the snow, and so when
it
> is plowed, all that remains is one lane.
>
> There isn't much we can do about our street now, but we need to think
about
> snow when proposals come to the planning board in the summer.
>
> Bev
Bafus