[Vision2020] U of I Program Cuts

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 10 11:49:55 PST 2009

Since you were "able to get a copy of the written contract between UI and Sodexo", care to scan it and share it with us?

My sources (several UI archived documents) tell a different story.

"For a lapse Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go to work."

- Roy Zimmerman

Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:41:19 -0800From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.comTo: chasuk at gmail.comCC: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] U of I Program Cuts

Chas,

Did you know that Sodexo doesn't decide the food prices, but UI forces them to charge a certain price. If you read their contract with the UI, you will see.

I had a tremendous amount of pressure from students while in ASUI to figure this out. And I was able to get a copy of the written contract between UI and Sodexo, and it was UI, not Sodexo, that was the culprit.

The profits from Sodexo foods goes to UI, not Sodexo. Sodexo provides the services for a modest flat fee, regardless of profit or loss. UI makes sure they make a nice tidy profit off of the food services they provide through Sodexo.

The reason we have to have Sodexo is because no other company is willing to sign the contract UI wants.

Best Regards,

Donovan
--- On Sat, 1/10/09, Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:
From: Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] U of I Program CutsTo: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.comCc: vision2020 at moscow.comDate: Saturday, January 10, 2009, 8:28 AMOn Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 00:59, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> How about affordable eatable healthy food?

Here we are in some agreement.  I am angered every time I confront the
overpriced swill with which Sodexo abuses students.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com