[Vision2020] new bike helmet law proposal

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Sat Feb 28 08:22:24 PST 2009

Idaho loses tons of federal highway funding because we refuse to institute a
helmet requirement for motor cyclists, etc.

I have an idea for the helmet thing-- a sort of compromise package:  Create
a law that basically says that any cyclist who is injured when not wearing a
helmet will not be able to make any insurance claims against any other
parties involved in the accident. (With some restrictions, such as when the
other party is DUI or driving illegally, etc.)

Would that work? I'll bet we'd see a lot more helmets out there.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker