[Vision2020] [Spam 5.59] Re: Subject change to "Was it Necessary to Use theAtomicBombs on Japan?" Former title Presidential Rankings

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 01:57:10 PST 2009

Chas,

It is comparable because DARE is more likely to be called in, supported and visible in areas where there is more likely to be drug abuse and the availability of drugs. Just as AIDS patients are more likely to have AIDS.

If 50% of children on drugs went through the DARE program, how do you we not know that the number would not be higher if they had not?

Another reason I don't think DARE increases drug abuse is because most of the drug abuse is illegal use of prescription drugs. This rapid increase correlated with the increase of legal prescription drug use from 1992 to 2004. The DARE prescription program was not even created until 2007.  So most, if not all of your increases, in drug abuse occurred in an area that was not even addressed by DARE. Its like blaming Bush for the Civil War.

Don't get me wrong, I think that DARE is a close to worthless program. It probably doesn't prevent much drug abuse. But it is something, and teenagers are given facts and information to keep them off of drugs. If they choose not to listen, as most teenagers do, they have nobody to blame but themselves. It is clear to all of them, and everyone from six years old on up, not to take drugs. What they do with that information is up to them.

I frankly, don't know how to make teenagers listen. If I did, I would be a millionaire because I would be in demand from every teen's parent and every High School administrator in the country.

Best Regards,

Donovan