[Vision2020] Humane interrogations work

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Wed Feb 25 20:08:16 PST 2009

There probably isn't one agenda, group, or reason why "terrorist" do what they do. The fact that some Sunnis and Shia kill each other leads me to believe that "Islamists" aren't all on the same page, just as all Americans aren't. It may be convenient to lump them all together, but it seems understanding those nuances would help stop the problem, as in the "Sunni awakening" in Iraq, where some Sunnis said, "Enough violence!" to al queda in Iraq, stood up to them, and helped make the "surge" appear succesful.

There are probably many motives behind the violence. I imagine there is this infighting amongst them, with the common theme being they're all trying to be the dominate idiology, whether to protect themselves, or repress others.

Competition amongst them, though, is the common denominator amongst all animals, Americans included. Whether that turns to physical violence probably has a lot to do with the fact that that's what they are taught is the appropriate way to get what you want. We should be glad we here on v2020 are at least more civilized towards each other than what history has shown is possible...

gclev