[Vision2020] Rush Limbaugh Still Loves Louisiana Gov. Jindal

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Feb 25 16:54:03 PST 2009

Everyone with eyes, ears, and a brain not ruined by drugs and Twinkies
thought Bobby Jindal bombed last night. Then there's Rush Limbaugh.

Courtesy of Politico.com at (with video of Gov. Jindal's comments:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/19310.html

-------------------

Limbaugh still loves Jindal
By: Andy Barr

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday defended Louisiana Gov.
Bobby Jindal’s widely panned performance Tuesday night in the GOP’s
response to President Barack Obama’s speech to a joint session of
Congress.

“I love Bobby Jindal, and that did not change after last night,” Limbaugh,
a longtime fan of the governor, said. “Nothing that happened last night
changed my mind.”

Jindal, who is often cited as a rising GOP star and potential Republican
challenger to Obama in 2012, was criticized for his presentation, which
National Public Radio’s Juan Williams called “childish” and “sing-songy”
on the Fox News’ panel immediately after the governor’s remarks. In other
media outlets, Jindal’s speech has drawn comparison to Mr. Rodgers and
Kenneth the intern from NBC’s “30 Rock.”

“Everybody trashed Bobby Jindal,” Limbaugh said. “I never heard the media,
both sides, conservative and liberal, dump on a response like they did
last night.”

Limbaugh conceded that Jindal did not compete with Obama “stylistically,”
but he said the Louisiana governor shined in the substance of his speech
and his advocacy for conservative principles.

“All he did was articulate what we believe. All he did was articulate
opposition to Obama,” Limbaugh said. “The people on our side are making a
real mistake if they go after Bobby Jindal.”

“We cannot shun politicians who speak for our beliefs just because we
don’t like the way he says it,” he added.

"For a lapsed Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go
to work."

- Roy Zimmerman