[Vision2020] Update on Carrie Brooks

Sam Scripter moscowsam at verizon.net
Wed Feb 25 13:23:38 PST 2009

I am asking what I am about to ask out of curiosity and not
with a lack of feeling for the plight of Carrie Brooks:

Roger -- Did you really mean what you wrote, that "she will
probably be in a wheelchair for life, ...."

We see men and women who have lost legs in Iraq fitted
with prostheses which enable them to walk, run and even
compete athletically.

But I don't know that I've ever seen a prosthesis for a
foot.

Are such made?  Does this woman have a chance of being
fitted and learning to walk, such that she is not totally
confined to a wheelchair for life?

At this point, Roger, your assessment of her attitude/outlook
seems very positive.  Maybe she is an excellent candidate
for prostheses and physical therapy, etc.

Just wondering.

MoscowSam