[Vision2020] Palouse Empire Mall Walkers

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Feb 24 17:27:52 PST 2009

Another option to consider for a mile's endurance . . .

Ladies and gentlemen of the Viz -

I offer to you . . .

"The Moscow Mile"
http://www.MoscowCares.com/Moscow_Mile.htm

Try it out a couple times.  Get the feel of it.

Then . . . maybe . . . we can go for time.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom "Grand Poobah of the Moscow Mile" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

> Re: Palouse Mall inside concourse walking distance
>        6 lengths/3 laps = 1 mile, not 2 laps
>
> The number of laps named in the email below seems too few, too short
> in distance.
>
> Any of you who are curious can try what I just did using Google Earth.
>
> I homed in on the Palouse Mall, then zoomed in to extend the length of
> the enclosed mall concourse to stretch from one side of my wide-screen
> PC monitor to the other side.
>
> Then I clicked on Tools>Ruler>Path at the top of the Google Earth screen.
>
> To start my "path" I clicked on top of the concourse, a few feet to the
> outside of the Macys entrance from the concourse [A walker is not likely
> to walk up to the walk, nor be able to turn around that close to it].  I
> continued clicking from the west end of the concourse, with clicks for
> the jogs in the concourse, until my final click was a few feet from the
> east exit/entrance of the concourse.
>
> Google Earth displayed 0.17 miles for the length of that multiple-segment
> path.  6 x .17 = 1.02 miles.  So allowing for roundoff and inaccuracies,
> 6 lengths,
> 3 round-trips, or 3 "laps" = one mile.
>
> Sam I am in Moscow . . .
>
> Lynn McCollough wrote:
> > Chasuk-
> > I have been told that two laps of the mall (including the main
> > entrance areas) equals one
mile.