[Vision2020] Palouse Empire Mall Walkers

Sam Scripter moscowsam at verizon.net
Tue Feb 24 16:08:10 PST 2009

Re: Palouse Mall inside concourse walking distance
       6 lengths/3 laps = 1 mile, not 2 laps

The number of laps named in the email below seems too few, too short
in distance.

Any of you who are curious can try what I just did using Google Earth.

I homed in on the Palouse Mall, then zoomed in to extend the length of
the enclosed mall concourse to stretch from one side of my wide-screen
PC monitor to the other side.

Then I clicked on Tools>Ruler>Path at the top of the Google Earth screen.

To start my "path" I clicked on top of the concourse, a few feet to the
outside of the Macys entrance from the concourse [A walker is not likely
to walk up to the walk, nor be able to turn around that close to it].  I
continued clicking from the west end of the concourse, with clicks for
the jogs in the concourse, until my final click was a few feet from the
east exit/entrance of the concourse.

Google Earth displayed 0.17 miles for the length of that multiple-segment
path.  6 x .17 = 1.02 miles.  So allowing for roundoff and inaccuracies,
6 lengths,
3 round-trips, or 3 "laps" = one mile.

Sam I am in Moscow . . .