[Vision2020] Humane interrogations work

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Feb 24 10:06:19 PST 2009

Let me respond to your soments point by point, g.

[Point 1. We put prisoners of war in prisoner of war camps because there
WERE prisioners of war. The detainees at Gitmo are not POW's and are not
subject to the Geneva convention.]

Since the detainees at GITMO are NOT prisoners of war, they are subjects
to the governing authority to which they are imprisoned and are afforded
the same rights (the US Constitution) as a civil prisoner of that
authority.  These rights (again, the US Constitution) require that
prisoners be charged with a crime and tried on those charges.

Yasee, g.  It's either one (prisoners of war) or the other (civil
prisoners brought up on charges).

[Point 2. What does winning the war have to do with anything? It sounds to
me as though you are using the might makes right argument.]

My reflection of "winning the war" was a simple reminder that a goal
("winning a war" in each case) can be reached while conducting "business"
in accordance with established standards (the Geneva Convention accords
for POWs, and the US Constitution for civil prisoners).

[Point 3. What moral high ground? We have just been informed that WW II
was violent US policy to force others to conform in our image.]

Our perceived moral highground, subsequent to WW2, is seeded within the
Marshall Plan for rebuilding western Europe subsequent to WW2, along with
the creation of NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization),

In case you missed these topics in school . . .

The Marshall Plan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan

NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO

As far as just being informed that "WW II was violent US policy to force
others to conform in our image", is concerned, g . . .

The only person that "informed" us here at the Viz of such garbage, g, was
you.

You really ought to read more, g.