[Vision2020] Humane interrogations work

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 23 19:09:35 PST 2009

"Is it so hard for you to admit that there is a possibility that US policy
has indeed created the very terrorists we are trying to destroy? And I'm
not talking about because they hate our freedom or values, but because we
have killed innocents as well..."

If I believed for one minute that it were true I wouldn't. I believe that
the enemy
we are at war with does in fact hate our freedoms and values and resents its
own
lack stature in the world, particularly in light of what it sees as its
former glory.

If, as you claim, the terrorism we face today is brought about by the
innocents
who have died as a by product of US actions why do we see no North American
indig
terrorism? After WW I & II did we endure a rash of Teutonic terrorism?
Radical Shinto
terrorism? Vietnamese terrorism? Do you contend that no innocents were
inadvertently
killed during these conflicts? What is the difference between then and now,
them and
our current foes? Why did our actions then not give rise to the same
terrorism we see now?

If this problem truly is all about "American empire" why do bombs go off in
night clubs
in Bali and subways in Spain? Why riots in France, murders in the
Netherlands. European
tourists murdered and maimed in Cairo. China is experiencing problems with a
certain
belligerent religious minority. Even the UK, a country that bends over
backward to appease its
malcontents is experiencing extreme unrest.

The inescapable conclusion a rational person will come to is that militant
Islam and
wahabaism are the common denominator and I firmly believe that you can offer
up all
the maudlin mea culpas and a truck load of tearful apologies and it won't
reduce the
terrorism one little bit. Even if we were to attempt to placate them by
joining in with
their unconscionable pogrom to eradicate Jews, their goodwill (the aftermath
in Bosnia being a shining
example of undying Islamic gratitude) would only last until their goal had
been met and we would
be back to the status quo of submit, convert, or die.

I, Personally, refuse to apologize and I'm not to wild about submission,
conversion is out of the question, and when it comes to death I figure
better
them then me. Call me crazy.

As-sallamu aleykum!