[Vision2020] Why is Moscow missing from this list?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Feb 22 11:10:36 PST 2009

Transcribed from Mayor Chaney's State of the City Address of February 18,
2009:

http://www.moscowcares.com/SOC/SOC_2009.htm

"Federal stimulus dollars are expected to be distributed among states and
local governments. Moscow has joined other cities in submitting our wish
lists for projects and programs that we think will help the local economy
by creating jobs, improving infrastructure and developing programs and
projects that will position us favorably in a new economic climate.
Cautious optimism is the rule, and we are not counting on what remains an
uncertain outcome for how those funds might be dispersed. Moscow is not
immune from the ripple effects of national and global economic
circumstances, but as I said earlier, the nature and scale of our local
economy affords some insulation.  The practice—indeed, the requirement—of
municipal finance in Idaho is to balance revenues and expenses, to invest
soundly and conservatively for the long-term, and to provide reasoned
recommendations to policymakers so that necessities and obligations are
prioritized. The City of Moscow will continue to budget with that in mind.
The City’s mission statement promises, '…quality municipal services while
ensuring responsible use of resources…'"

I recommend that if anybody has any viable suggestions, concerning how
Stimulus funds could be used in improving the quality of life in Moscow,
that they express these suggestions during the Public Commentary portion
at the next Moscow City Council session (March 2, 2009).

Seeya round town, Moscow.

> Wouldn't this be a great opportunity to help pay for upgrades needed at
the>  waste water treatment plant. Last I heard Moscow had received a
bunch of
f> ines for the current one. Perhaps any other projects that would improve