[Vision2020] Buffalo Free Press, Early Seventies Underground Newspaper

Don Coombs mushroom at moscow.com
Fri Feb 20 14:52:20 PST 2009

  lfalen wrote:

> I was not a member of a  protest group. but  I am interested
in old songs, including protest songs. If you have
copies of
any of these I would like to get copies. I think I have
practically
all of the recorded music of Paul Robeson. I think he
was the best
baritone of the early 20th century. His rendition of
"Old Man River"
is tremendous. He moved to the Soviet Union for a time,
but became
disenchanted with the "Workers Paradise"and moved back
to the United
States. --Roger

Roger: I agree with your assessment of Paul Robeson's
talent, but when I heard him sing at a strike meeting
of the United Packing House Workers of America in
Waterloo, Iowa, he was NOT a baritone.

Don Coombs