[Vision2020] Roaches, was tunnels

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 20 11:42:19 PST 2009

Ellen wrote:

"I think the only roaches in Moscow live in the tunnels under the UI."

Is it possible we've got the only considerate roaches in the world?

I've never seen a roach either, but back in the Dark Ages, I had a friend
who worked in student housing or something like that.  She said that
constantly had problems in student housing on campus with roaches and lots
of other nasty bugs . . . it seemed they were illegal immigrants hitching
rides in the baggage of students arriving from around the country and from
around the world.  About the time they'd get things taken care of, it would
be time for a new semester, and the plague would start again.

While I've never seen a roach, I wish the same was true about earwigs!
<shiver>  They are way worse, IMHO, than the hissing cockroaches we saw in
the UI Entomology lab with one of my daughter's classes or activities!  I
actually thought those hissing cockroaches were way cool, although my
opinion would almost certainly change if I saw one on my floor  J

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2009 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****