[Vision2020] Buffalo Free Press, Early Seventies Underground Newspaper

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Thu Feb 19 11:52:48 PST 2009

Ted,
There was an "underground" newspaper in the high school in the  very early 70s (probably a year or so after you graduated.)  It was mimeographed and didn't publish more than a couple of editions.  It was during the days of the high school paper, the Wocsomonian (I never understood the title either) and I think the kids in the journalism class had a hand in its publication, as well.   It dealt more with school issues than other political events.  I remember one was dress codes, but that didn't get much play because it was about that time the dress codes pretty much disappeared in the high school for both students and teachers.  The printing was done off campus, but the distribution was on campus.

Maybe some of you early 70s grads remember it.

Sue H.