[Vision2020] Offensive Cartoon (in my opinion)

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 19 11:05:30 PST 2009

It's clearly offensive and strongly reminiscent of those freaks at the
McCain/Palin rallys with "Obama as Monkey" dolls, t-shirts, and signs.

Honestly, though, do you expect anything different from the NY Post, psycho
Rupert Murdoch, or the bigoted Sean Delonas.  This certainly isn't the first
time Delonas' hate-mongering has reached a fevered pitch, or have y'all
missed it before?  Hell would freeze over before I'd pay money to any
tabloid, newspaper, magazine or whatever that pays for Sean Delonas' work.

Personally, I find the spin some folks are putting on trying to explain how
the cartoon isn't offensive great entertainment value  :-)  Perhaps they
might have been more successful had the wingnuts not spent a good part of
the last several years making "jokes" about Obama and monkeys, but President
Obama's rise on the national political stage made at least one thing
undeniably clear:  we may have come a long way, baby, but racism is still
and disturbingly well across the US.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2009 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****