[Vision2020] Sen Schroeder

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Thu Feb 19 10:22:43 PST 2009

I'm not sure of the PEM's policies, and I've been unhappy with some of the decisions PEM's owners have made, but I do know that Sangria's is owned by my neighbors' daughter and husband. Perhaps the PEM only wants to keep this locally-owned business around because they are highly profitable.

It's no surprise, though, that malls cater to chains, as they are probably more reliable tenants in the long run, for better or for worse...

gc

Donovan writes:

The mall is not full because the owners charge way beyond market rates and have banned local shop owners from being in there. My guess, is that the new mall would allow locally owned shops into the mall and charge market rates of the Palouse, not Seattle.