[Vision2020] Offensive Cartoon (in my opinion)

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 22:23:29 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 20:05, Kai Eiselein <editor at lataheagle.com> wrote:

> Chas, do you find this statement racist?
> "What a beautiful aryan daughter you have there."

Yes, I find it racist.

> And why wouldn't they see it as racist? Do you think that maybe it's because
> things like history and government aren't taught, or are just glossed over
> anymore in school?

Absolutely.  However, I might place the blame elsewhere, or spread it
further.  I am a student at the UI -- I graduate this year -- and I
know that most of my classmates lack entirely any critical thinking
skills.  That, and they don't have a clue how to analyze or digest
information that doesn't come in bullet statements or soundbites.  I
attribute this largely to the failure of parents and the school system
to teach children to read beyond basic comprehension levels.

It's difficult to learn history or government when recapitulating
broadsheets like USA "news-for-simpletons" Today are difficult
reading.

Chas