[Vision2020] Offensive Cartoon (in my opinion)

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Wed Feb 18 19:14:53 PST 2009

Well I am one of your subscribers, and not only do I think it's racist, I
fail to understand how your explanation of the cartoon speaks to the
creator's intent.  Furthermore, if having a daughter "of color" somehow
frees one from being characterized as racist then must we conclude Thomas
Jefferson and his ilk were somehow less racist than their counterparts?

And frankly, Kai, I don't see you as racist so much as I see you as
intolerant of those whom you identify as your intellectual and philosophical
inferiors.  And no, don't cancel my subscription.  I enjoy your paper but I
never read it for philosophical or political content.   I gave that up when
you fired the opinion writer whose columns didn't fit the ideological
framework on which you publish.

Sue Hovey