[Vision2020] Presidential Rankings (2009)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Feb 18 14:22:34 PST 2009

Kai Eiselein stated:

"For some reason Vietnam and Kennedy are kept conspicuously separated in
history textbooks, even though Kennedy's actions led the U.S. directly
into the Vietnam war."

US involvement in Vietnam goes back alot further than JFK, Mr. Eiselein.
Try 1949 when Ho Chi Minh approached President Truman applying for US
assistance in seeking independence from French Indochina.  At the same
time, the French (under President Vincent Auriol) were claiming that Ho
Chi Minh was a Communist sympathizer and could not be trusted.  Due to
our "love affair" with the French ever since our Revolutionary War
(remember Marquis De Lafayette?), we chose to refuse assistance to Ho Chi
Minh.

There yo uhad Ho Chi Minh seeking independence from French Indochina,
having just been refused assistance by the US, looking for an ally.

Guess where he turned, Kai?

Look it up/  This, you WILL find in your history books.