[Vision2020] Presidential Rankings (2009)

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Wed Feb 18 14:03:26 PST 2009

Sooooo, would this apply to those who condemn the use of nuclear bombs on
Japan? Or the fire bombing of Germany?
Or, the actions Europeans took in the Americas after stumbling upon the
contintents?
After all, there are those who do the same in those instances.
My comment wasn't so much anti-war as it was historical fact. For some
reason Vietnam and Kennedy are kept conspicuously separated in history
textbooks, even though Kennedy's actions led the U.S. directly into the
Vietnam war.
On another note, it was Kennedy who signed legislation allowing U.S.
companies to set up shop in foriegn countries without having to pay U.S.
income taxes on their profits from those units. The idea was that by
bringing jobs into countries that were at risk of falling to the commies, it
would make communism less appealing. It was a logical move.
Unfortunately, an unintended consequence has been the wholesale migration of
U.S. companies abroad.
How much howling from big biz do you think there would be if the law was
repealed and they had to pay taxes on their foreign income?