[Vision2020] Don't Believe Right-Wing Propaganda on the CommunityReinvestment Act

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Wed Feb 18 10:58:30 PST 2009

Hi Roger,

Don't you think that calling reports from the Federal Reserve, bastion of libertarian thinkers that I would expect you to admire, BS is rather extreme?  I will stick with their conclusions that the CRA was not a major player in the sub-prime mortgage.  The main reason for the current world financial crisis was too many libertarians and radical free marketeers giving advice and running things, even within the Clinton administration.

As far as criticism of Obamba is concerned, here is where I think he is wrong: death penalty for child killers and inviting Rick Warren to the Inauguration and risking what happened, to wit: he led the nation in the Lord's Prayer!!  I also did not support his vote on surveilance nor did I like the fact that job discrimination was not part of his executive order about faith-based initiative.  Finally, although I could probably come up with more, I do not support his decision to send more troops to Afghanistan.  The Afghanis are fed up with the president we gave them and they don't want any more civilian deaths, up 40 percent this past year, primarily do to U.S. bombing and missile strikes.

Thanks for the dialogue,

Nick

Nick