[Vision2020] Presidential Rankings (2009)

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Feb 18 10:23:22 PST 2009

I would not argue too much with this ranking, but it depends on what you use for a criteria. If one uses incompetence and being ineffective as a guide: Buchanan, Pierce and Harding are still on the bottom. If one uses who did the most to preserve the Nation and advance individual rights alone with who did the most damage: Washington and Lincoln would still be on top. Reagan would move up some and FDR, Willson and Nixon  would be moved to the bottom 10. LBJ is a mixed bag. He did quite a bit to advance civil rights, otherwise he did more harm than good. I would give Carter high marks for his work with Habitat for Humanity, but not as president. JFK was not president long enough to be adequately evaluated. W.Harrison and Garfield  should not be evaluated at all.
One thing we can probably all agree on is that  Lincoln was a great president. Due to conflicting schedules the Lincoln Day Dinner is being postponed to March 22. You are all invited.
Roger