[Vision2020] Presidential Rankings (2009)

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 00:59:44 PST 2009

I think Andrew Jackson was the worst President. He allowed the US to slaughter so many Indians rather than using them as a resource and treating them as human beings. Most of his accomplishments were actually fables and lies. He was popular amongst the people, yes, and he did end some corruption in DC, which was badly needed. But his policies were horrible, wrong, and he is largely responsible for the slaughter of entire races of people simply out of hatred. The US would be such a richer nation if it were not the policies and slaughter of a valuable people, the Native Americans. He even slaughter the ones that fought with him and saved his skin in war, he slaughtered them like cattle and their children. That to me shows a man missing a soul.

I am not convinced that Andrew Johnson and Buchanan were as bad as history treats them, they just had the misfortune of being on either side of the Greatest President, ever, Lincoln. And had the worst possible time to be President, during a split.

I also believe that Ronald Reagan and JFK are overrated. Reagan did some real good, and so did JFK, not more significant over that Washington, Jefferson, or Cleveland.

I rank the Presidents as:

Lincoln
Washington
Jefferson