[Vision2020] Snow Removal Problems (the saga continues . . . )

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 13 19:39:43 PST 2009

This just really ticks me off.  West A Street is a location I've posted
about earlier.  It has consistently been one of the worst areas I've seen
year-to-year.  Not all stretches of the sidewalks have been consistently
bad, but some sure have been.  This is what I posted on 1/10 -- yes, OVER A
MONTH AGO:

"Yesterday I saw an older gentleman carrying what looked like grocery bags
trying to maintain his footing on icy sidewalks in the A Street area – he
caught my eye so then I looked at the sidewalks he was heading towards and
saw that stretches were just plain treacherous.  Kids were out playing in
that specific neighborhood so people are in town, yet many of the sidewalks
were in deplorably icy conditions.  I saw the same thing in other parts of
town, including the central business district Thursday night.  Many, if not
most, sidewalks downtown and in residential districts have been
appropriately shoveled throughout the tough conditions, which makes it all
the more obvious that some people just don’t give a rip.

And, to the 20-something dude with his friends helping him carry his brand
new big screen TV into the house while the sidewalk in front of his house
has consistently been one of the worst I’ve seen, SHAME ON YOU!!!"

It's just absolutely crazy the ordinance hasn't been enforced, and it's
shameful that because of an irresponsible property owner, someone has
apparently suffered serious injury.  Further, the lack of enforcement for
these OBVIOUS problem areas is an absolute disgrace.

Another fine example of our hard-earned tax dollars hard at work.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2009 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****