[Vision2020] Borrow and spend [was Say what?]

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Wed Feb 11 20:59:38 PST 2009

Borrow and spend! Isn't that exactly what the Republicans have been
doing for the past eight years and beyond, beginning with Ronald
Reagan? Tax and spend, as the Democrats do, means pay as you go, but
borrow and spend leads to bankruptcy.

Ralph Nielsen

"When [President Franklin] Roosevelt did this, he put our country
into a Great Depression.  He tried to borrow and spend, he tried to
use the Keynesian approach, and our country ended up in a Great
Depression. That's just history."

- Rep Steve Austria (R-OH) (February 10, 2009)

http://tinyurl.com/bwetr3