[Vision2020] water sale bill

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Feb 8 08:45:52 PST 2009

Exactly.

I encourage people to browse and familiarize themselves with the
background of this extremely important matter at:

http://tinyurl.com/WaterSale

Courtesy of the February 5, 2009 edition of the Moscow-Pullman Daily News
and posted to the Viz at:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2009-February/061236.html

"Moscow has been trying since February 2008 to find a way to sell water to
Hawkins for use at its planned 700,000-square-foot shopping center in
Whitman County, just across the state line from Moscow."

It is NOT Moscow that has been "trying since February 2008 to find a way
to sell water to Hawkins", merely a few of its city council members.

Try representing the people of Moscow for a change, instead of padding
your agenda . . .

Behind Closed Doors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uziWdh9MfjI

Seeya round town, Moscow.

> This issue is very divisive to our community. I come down on the side
> which does not wish to encourage development outside of our ability to
> tax  that development. Idaho water, and in particular Latah county
> water is a very precious commodity. Why in heaven's name do we want to
> sell it to out of state interests? Particularly during the difficult
> times we should be looking to enhance our revenues, not ship them out
> of state.
>
> Now, we already have lost James Toyota from the state, county and city
> revenue stream. Can you imagine what a mega-mall just across the border
> will do to our tax base if we encourage them to build there by handing
> them water and other infrastructure?
>
> I tire of the argument "they are going to build it anyway, so we may as
> well just sell them the water."
> This legislation smacks of "special interest" gifting, and I do hope a
> large percentage of Latah county residents will begin to turn their
> attention toward the supporters of this initiative.
>
> Thanks for listening,
> Roger Hayes
> Moscow

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"For a lapsed Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go
to work."

- Roy Zimmerman