[Vision2020] BE OUTSIDE!

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 23:09:24 PST 2009

Darrell,

You are probably correct that the BSA uses a good method to sell its product.

You are correct, it is in part about religion, but it isn't about A particular religion.

I do think that men, in general, are more insecure about their sexuality than women.
I think men tend to be more discriminating than woman, in general.
When talking about specific individuals, I don't think those generalizations always apply.
In general women are more accepting than men.
So it follows that the BSA is less liberal than GSA.

I am sure your anecdotal incidences will show women and men equally interested in hearing about outdoor organizations. Especially if they are catered to them specifically. However, high school and colleges around the country have many more boys involved in sports and outdoor activities than women. I am sure if you looked at outdoor rental equipment and sales, most would be men, not women.

Best Regards,

Donovan