[Vision2020] Dash the Cat Being Evicted From Airport

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 22:59:35 PST 2009

The difference between pets in carriers or on leashes, used by passengers
transporting their pets through a airport terminal, and semi-permanent
pet(s) free to roam an airport terminal, are obvious.  The concerns of those
with allergies, protective parents who do not want their
children potentially scratched or bit (regardless of how friendly Puff the
cat or Spot the dog are, which travelers will not know), or someone who
simply does not want to be bothered with an animal in proximity, are much
greater for an animal left free to roam, as opposed to one confined to a
carrier or on a leash.  The U of I has a policy that no animals are to be
left tethered unaccompanied on U of I grounds; animals are not even to be
left tied, much less left to roam freely.  Pets on U of I grounds are always
to be accompanied by an owner on a leash, or are subject to impoundment.
I'd rather that the world were one big warm and fuzzy animal friendly place,
animal lovers one and all, but alas...

Ted Moffett