[Vision2020] Secure Crisis Residential Center will be closing

Jennifer Ingalls jennifer at inlandradio.com
Mon Feb 2 16:48:52 PST 2009

Dear friends,

I don't usually forward petitions and the like, but this is different. The
State of Washington is closing Secure Crisis Residential Centers across the
state. The following is a letter from a friend who works for one and who
will be losing her job. However, more important than the job loss is the
number of families likely to fall through the cracks when these centers
close. Although this is a "Washington problem" and not an "Idaho problem,"
it is a problem that will most impact youth who are already deemed to be "at
risk." Please take a moment and read this, and if you feel inclined, sign
the petition. As far as I know, it's about 340 shy of the 1000 mark as of my
sending this to you. If you know of anyone else who might be concerned, pass
it on. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Ingalls

*also, if you have any questions I might be able to answer about this, feel
free to contact me off-line

After 8 1/2 years of servicing over 450 families per year (average), the
Secure Crisis Residential Center (SCRC) is closing.  We received our
Reduction In Force letters today due to DSHS deciding to not fund our
program anymore.  The Governor also proposed to close all SCRC in WA,
despite advocating in years prior.  Our last day is Feb. 15, 2009.  This
means that families in crisis will not longer have our program to provide
intervention, assessment referrals, resources, and respite.  Most of the
youth we service are drug and/or alcohol addicts needing treatment,
homeless, living on the streets, prostitutes, victims of abuse, and
depressed.  It breaks my heart that when Law Enforcement comes in contact
with these youth, they can not bring them to us for a safe place to stay,
usually for 72 hours.  This means that these youth will most likely fall
through the cracks, crime will go up, and families will be broken.

Please read the following petition.  My friend and co-worker Annie started
this a few days ago.  We need 1000 signatures as soon as possible.
Sign if you chose to but please forward to anyone who might be moved to
continue helping our community.

 <http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/544319186>
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/544319186

Thank you,
Julia Evans

  _____

Windows LiveT: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.
<http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_012009>